- The duty station will be at the MMID head office in Mandalay city center.
- With frequent travels to the project sites.
- Develop and ensure timely implementation of MMID’s EHSS policies, KPI’s, reporting and monitoring programs, standard operating procedures, guidelines, and document control system, in relation to key project impacts and risks such as: land acquisition, contractor E&S management, occupational health and safety, waste discharge and management, hazardous material management, labor and working conditions, and community health safety and security;
- As needed, further develop and oversee audit programs and impact assessments on MMID operations, and manage data collection/analysis and implementation of corrective measures;
- As part of the ESMS, manage E&S risks and impacts associated with contractors, subcontractors, and primary suppliers;
- Work closely with external consultants and trusted third parties, including the resettlement consultants on implementing the land assessment corrective action plans. This will include undertaking ongoing socio-economic surveys; establishing household asset inventory counts; identifying developing a database of project affected persons; administering land compensation; designing and executing household-level livelihood restoration programs and community-level programs, implementing grievance registers and response programs; and undertaking monitoring and evaluation exercises;
- Provide technical input and EHSS performance reports to the MMID Management Team, including up-to-date perspectives on relevant EHSS issues and regulatory developments;
- Ensure formulation and implementation of a robust Stakeholder Engagement Plan (SEP) and Grievance Redress Mechanisms (GRM) including regular reporting of project impacts and updates to relevant stakeholders;
- Through SEP and GRM implementation, cultivate strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders including local communities impacted by the projects, investors, NGO’s, local and central government regulators, international organization representatives, etc;
- Contribute to the preparation of MMID public/corporate reports, including sustainability reports.
Key Skills and Experience Required
- Strong technical capabilities. Working knowledge of key EHSS issues (preferably in emerging countries), standards (e.g. IFC Performance Standards, World Bank Group EHS standards and guidelines) and practices in private sector project operation settings;
- Be able to respond under pressure with presence and poise to the public and media;
- Acting as an advocate and public relations representative for MMID projects in public arenas;
- Possess a sound understanding of EHSS policies and objectives, and the ability to identify and attach urgency to the requirements of various EHSS regulations and stakeholder expectations;
- Possess a style of clear and effective communication, both oral and written. High level of cross cultural communication skills;
- Be able to prioritize impacts/issues. Involve as appropriate legal and technical personnel within and outside the company to address such issues;
- Proactively anticipate and address EHSS related issues;
- Strong empathy and listening skills and the ability to formulate constructive recommendations.
Key Experiences and Qualifications Required
- 5 plus years of industry experience (preferably with ports, harbors, and container terminals) including relevant site operational experience in emerging markets, preferably in S.E. Asia;
- Track record in influencing positive organizational change preferably in an international setting;
- Development and implementation of Integrated Management Systems according to IFC Performance Standards or similar international EHSS standards;
- Experience delivering on EHSS programs and managing community/stakeholder relations;
- Strong preference will be given to candidates with solid experience in managing significant land acquisition and resettlement programs in rural settings;
- Candidates with Burmese language and cultural skills will receive preferential consideration;
- Quick learner and the ability to adapt to a dynamic setting; strong desire to gain in-field, hands-on EHSS management experience in Myanmar;
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in EHSS, science, or engineering related discipline, with advanced degree preferred.
A competitive package will be offered to the right candidate including relocation allowance. Please send your CV, LinkedIn profile page (if available), and expression of interest by email to the following person by 2017-7-28:
Ms. Jess Lu Mandalay Myotha Industrial Development Public Co. Ltd.
Phone: +95 9 970312411
26th Street, Between 58th and 60th Street,
Aung MyayThar Zan, Mandalay, Myanmar.