The EU-Vietnam Business Network (EVBN) is an EU-funded project that aims at strengthening the EU Business sector in Vietnam by facilitating market access through advocacy primarily with the Vietnamese Government, and assisting EU companies - in particular SMEs to better access and exploit business opportunities in Vietnam. The overall objective of EVBN is to improve trade and investment environment in Vietnam, and in the ASEAN regional market, for European SMEs in particular, and further diversified and increased European exports to and investment in Vietnam, as well as ASEAN.
For the final year of the project under EU co-funding, EVBN is seeking to employ a Deputy Director who is motivated and dedicated to work towards sustaining the project beyond the end of the funding period whilst ensuring compliant and impact-oriented implementation of all project activities.
- Responsible for strategic decision-making (together with the Project Director) and managing the project;
- In charge of advocacy topics / relationship with Eurocham;
- Responsible for dealing with requests from the EU Delegation in Vietnam and the required formal and informal reporting (shared responsibility with Project Director);
- Responsible for compliance issues and EVBN financial management, year-end and EU audits;
- Responsible of organizing the Outreach activities of EVBN in Europe – Travels will be required;
- Develop and implement a sustainability strategy for the project beyond the project lifecycle, jointly with Project Director, the Chairman and the Management Board;
- Supervise the EVBN Lawyer and give guidance on legal position papers and relevant legal topics;
- Involved in the commercial activity of EVBN: Trade Missions, presence at EU pavilions at VN trade fairs, tailored business services, etc.;
- Shall act for and exercise the powers of the Project Director during the absence or disability of the Project Director;
- Other duties as requested by the Project Director.
- Open to both foreign and Vietnamese nationals;
- Fluent in English (written and spoken) and preferably one or more other European languages;
- Min. 5 years of relevant experience in EU-funded projects or any other donor-funded activity;
- Technical experience and understanding of project sustainability;
- Experience in financial management of (donor-funded) projects and compliance;
- good knowledge about Vietnamese business environment as well as in-depth knowledge about the EU;
- A plus: Experienced and well connected within Vietnam’s business environment ;
- Local and international travel to Europe and ASEAN member states is required for this role.
Please send comprehensive cover letter and CV in English by email to Mrs Delphine Rousselet: firstname.lastname@example.org