Union Minister of Electricity and Energy meets with EuroCham Energy Advocacy Group
EuroCham Energy Advocacy Group met with the Union Minister of Electricity and Energy, H.E. U Win Khaing. The meeting was also attended by Director General U Tin Mg Oo(DG- DEPE), Director General U Zaw Aung(DG- OGPD), Director General U Aye Kyaw (DG-DPTSC) Director General U San Wai (DG-DHPI) U Khin Mg Win(MD-EPGE) U Saw Win Mg(MD-ESE) U Myo Myint Oo (MD-MOGE).
The EuroCham Energy Advocacy Group delegation members were the Co-chairs Mr. David O'neill (Engie), Mr. Zaw Zaw Maung (Aggreko) and Mr. Stefano Carbonara (ENI), Mr. Romaric Roignan (Total), Ms. Yasuko Yoshida (Shell) and Mr. Yacine Chouabia (EDF).
EuroCham was represented by the Executive Director, Mr. Filip Lauwerysen, the Nay-Pyi-Taw Government Affairs Manager, Ms. Khin Soe Htaik, the Government Affairs Manager (Yangon), Mr. Htet aung khine.
EuroCham Energy Advocacy elaborated on the following points to promote further development of the energy sector in Myanmar:
- the reduced frontier exploration drilling in recent years and how to change this trend to make Myanmar energy sector to attract more foreign direct investments.
- to improve the coordination between energy related ministries.
- action responsive and transparent procedures to improve regulatory approval process.
- build clear pricing policies – conducive environment for IPPs.
- improve strategic planning and investment in domestic gas infrastructure.
The EuroCham Energy Advocacy Group shared their recommendations during the meeting. The Union Minister expressed his intention to continue the good cooperation with the Energy Advocacy Group to improve the energy sector of Myanmar.