The EuroCham Automotive Advocacy Group is open to authorized importers and distributors of automotive brands headquartered in Europe. The group is a platform for information sharing and discussion, and concerns itself with matters that solely relate to the automotive industry. It seeks to work with the Myanmar authorities to improve the overall business environment and practices in the sector.
To join the group, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Promote the development of European passenger automotive distribution and industry in Myanmar as a critical enabler to Myanmar’s continuing economic growth.
- Provide a forum for companies involved in European passenger cars importation and distribution in order to discuss common issues and challenges to the industry in Myanmar and to provide the Myanmar Government with constructive policy recommendations.
- Maintain relationships with other agencies and bodies that have interests in automotive distribution matters and to align interests where desirable (i.e. Automotive Association of Myanmar (Myanmar AAM)), Government-Private Sector Working Groups, Government Agencies, as well as European Embassies).
- Promote transparency, compliance and rule of law in the Automotive Sector.
- Develop position papers and contribute to the EuroCham White Book.
- Protect consumers’ interest and promote awareness of traffic safety and safe motoring in Myanmar.
- Protect the environment with cars that meet international pollution standards.
- Promote the compilation and dissemination of official statistical data on the Myanmar automotive market.
Audi, BMW, Mercedes-Benz, Scania, Volkswagen, Volvo.