The 2nd Myanmar Textile Summit 2018, organized by ECV International and Myanmar Garment Manufacturers’ Association, will be held during November 12-13 in Myanmar at Sedona Hotel, in Yangon.
Along the Belt and Road trajectory, Myanmar is one of the most promising new textile spots in Southeast Asia. In 2012, the country’s clothing export value was only US$700 million yet, under the influence of “The Belt and Road” policy, the latter had increased to US$1.2 billion by 2013 and US$1.3 billion by 2014. Myanmar's textile and apparel manufacturing industry currently contributes about 10% of the country’s total export volume and, as the country’s market continues growing, there’s a total export target of US$12 billion by 2020. The continuous progress of the textile industry in Myanmar has made it a key area for foreign investment, and it is expected to attain a large influx of foreign capital in the next few years.
This year’s Myanmar Textile summit will focus on the latest governmental policies and international trading policies affecting the Myanmar textile and apparel industry, sourcing practices and trends of international apparel brands, the developmental situation of the Myanmar textile and apparel industry chain, and the main challenges faced by the FDI companies or local manufacturers. We hope to provide all attendees with a comprehensive picture of the business environment in Myanmar and inform them on the latest developments in the country’s textile and apparel market. The event also presents a good opportunity for potential investors and international buyers to know more about Myanmar and get themselves better-prepared for this new market.
- Deep Interpretation of the Latest Government Policies and Master plan of Textile and Apparel Industry in Myanmar
- An Overlook and Prospect of Today’s Myanmar Textile and Apparel Industry
- A Growing Cross for Textile and Apparel Trading: How Myanmar Prepares for FTA
- Myanmar Labour Law Reform Process and Rediscover Myanmar Sourcing Competitiveness
- New Features of Sourcing in Myanmar Compared to other countries in Southeast Asia
- Innovation and Practice in Creating Digital Supply Chain Based on Myanmar Local Conditions
- Panel Discussion: How is the Future of Myanmar as an Emerging Sourcing Market Compared to other Sourcing Area?
- How to Help Retailers and Brands Improve Speed to Market and Shorten Production Calendars
- Case Study in Myanmar How to Build Textile and Garment Factory
- Industrial Real Estate Overview: Opportunities and Challenges in the Market
- Compared to other Regions: How Different is Developing the Fashion Supply Chain in Myanmar
- How to Efficiently Examine Supplier’s Qualification and Choose the Optimal Partner to Form a Closer Relation with Suppliers by Moral Purchase
- Development Situation and Trends of Myanmar as a Sourcing Market for European Textile and Apparel Brands
- How Myanmar Textile and Apparel Manufacturers Plays an Important Role in South Asia
- Latest Trends of 3D Garment Visualization Technologies and It’s Impact on Textile and Apparel Production
- Addressing Labor, Productivity and the Role of Technology in driving Myanmar's Competitiveness
- Development Situation of Human Rights, Workers Conditions and the need for alignment to ILO Labour & Ethical standards in the Myanmar Garment Sector
Please, click the following link: agenda of the 2nd Myanmar Textile Summit 2018.