The 2nd Myanmar Textile Summit 2018, organized by ECV International and Myanmar Garment Manufacturers’ Association, will be held during November 12-13 in Myanmar at Sedona Hotel, in Yangon.
Along the Belt and Road trajectory, Myanmar is one of the most promising new textile spots in Southeast Asia. In 2012, the country’s clothing export value was only US$700 million yet, under the influence of “The Belt and Road” policy, the latter had increased to US$1.2 billion by 2013 and US$1.3 billion by 2014. Myanmar's textile and apparel manufacturing industry currently contributes about 10% of the country’s total export volume and, as the country’s market continues growing, there’s a total export target of US$12 billion by 2020. The continuous progress of the textile industry in Myanmar has made it a key area for foreign investment, and it is expected to attain a large influx of foreign capital in the next few years.
This year’s Myanmar Textile summit will focus on the latest governmental policies and international trading policies affecting the Myanmar textile and apparel industry, sourcing practices and trends of international apparel brands, the developmental situation of the Myanmar textile and apparel industry chain, and the main challenges faced by the FDI companies or local manufacturers. We hope to provide all attendees with a comprehensive picture of the business environment in Myanmar and inform them on the latest developments in the country’s textile and apparel market. The event also presents a good opportunity for potential investors and international buyers to know more about Myanmar and get themselves better-prepared for this new market.
- Thorough interpretation of the latest government policies and the National Master Plan for the textile and apparel industry
- Comparing the new sourcing features in Myanmar to other Southeast Asian countries
- Innovation and practice in creating a digital supply chain based on the local conditions of Myanmar
- Panel Discussion: How is the future of Myanmar as an emerging sourcing market compared to other sourcing areas?
- Status and updates on the application of automated manufacturing in Myanmar
- How to efficiently examine a supplier’s qualification and choose the optimal partner to form a closer relation with suppliers by moral purchase
- New trends and the state of Myanmar’s development as a sourcing market for European textile and apparel brands
- How to help retailers and brands improve speed-to-market and shorten production calendars
- Situation of the development of Human Rights, workers’ conditions and the need for alignment to ILO’ labour & ethical standards in the Myanmar garment sector
Cost: ECV International and Myanmar Garment Manufacturers’ Association provide a special discount for EuroCham Myanmar members. If interested, please get in touch with us.