- Lingyi Quek, Resident Managing Lawyer, Dentons Myanmar (Moderator)
- Eddy Jabnoune, Country Representative, Audier & Partners Myanmar
- Bhawna Bakshi, Legal Advisor, DFDL
- Guillaume Stafford, Head of legal, METRO Wholesale Myanmar
- U Wunna Aung, Director, DICA
There have been significant advances in corporate governance in Myanmar. The latest Myanmar Companies Law (MCL) codifies a set of duties for directors to provide for more accountability to shareholders for their decisions and set higher standards for corporate conduct that are in line with other common law jurisdictions.
In this breakfast talk, the discussion will be mainly focused on:
- the scope of the duties imposed on directors of companies incorporated in Myanmar as set out in Sections 165 to 172 of the MCL; and
- what the directors need to do to comply with such duties.
EuroCham Myanmar invites all of those with an interest in these discussions to register and join us the event.