EuroCham Myanmar is organising a site visit to the Thilawa Special Economic Zone for its members, which is going to take place on 4th of September 2019.
Thilawa Special Economic Zone is located on the outskirt of Yangon and the very first international economic zone in Myanmar covering 2400 hectors. This zone has been set up to provide investors with a streamlined and easy investment and operation process, while also offering the advantages of special concessions. Investors located in Special Economic Zones are under the ambit of the Myanmar Special Economic Zone Law. The Foreign Investment Law is not applicable to investments in the SEZs.
Mr. Kazuaki Shirozono, Director of Sales & Marketing Department of Myanmar-Japan Thilawa Development will welcome European investors to Thilawa SEZ for a presentation and tour of the premises.
- 09:30-10:00 Presentation + Q&A with the Myanmar Japan Thilawa Development Ltd. (MJTD)
- 10:00-10:30 Presentation from METRO Wholesale Myanmar, Buhler Myanmar Limited, PEB Steel
- 10:30-11:15 Site tour in Thilawa SEZ
- 11:15-12:00 MITT port tour (Myanmar International Terminal of Thilawa)
- 12:00-12:45 TMIT port tour (Thilawa Multipurpose International Terminal)
- 12:45-13:30 Lunch (by own arrangement)