The AustCham Myanmar together with the Myanmar Women’s Entrepreneurs Association (MWEA) cordially invite you to the Opening Gala Dinner of the second Women in Business & Leadership Development Forum.
During a three course meal complimented by Australian wines, guests will also enjoy a short screening of On the Backs of Women, the story of three entrepreneurial Burmese women working their way out of poverty. Each with their own set of challenging life circumstances they must struggle to survive. Through small loans made by a local microfinance bank, they are offered hope and solidarity, and a chance to change.
Myanmar’s women are valuable assets in this critical juncture in Myanmar’s history as opportunities for responsible investment flourish. The purchase of your ticket will assist in supporting Myanmar women to attend, learn and be inspired at the Women in Business and Leadership Development Conference which will take place the following day.
Male and female champions of change are equally vital in our discussion of the role of women in business in Myanmar, so please ensure your partners join us on this special occasion.
Opening Gala Dinner
• Panel discussion: How empowering women can support your business
• Puppet performance by Ma Ma Naing, founder of the Myanmar Marionettes Association
• Inspiring key notes and much more.
WHEN: Friday 24 November 2017, 6:00pm for 6:30pm
WHERE: Inn Gyin Ballroom, Rose Garden Hotel, Yangon 33 Alan Pya Phaya Road, Dagon Township, Yangon
DRESS: Formal Attire
Ticket: $80 USD per person, including entry, a three course meal, free flow Australian wines & Carlsberg beer.
The second Women in Business & Leadership Development Conference
• Inspirational Success Stories; opportunities and challenges when running your own business in Myanmar;
• The opportunity to become a digital nomad in Myanmar;
• Access to Finance;
• A sustainable future via a tech start up;
• Hiring millennials in Myanmar: what you need to know;
• Building a brand that consumers love – best practice;
• What does it mean to be a woman in a leadership position in Myanmar; and
• Non-traditional careers for women, benefits for both the employer and the employee.
WHEN Saturday 25 November, 8.30am for 9am start until 6pm WHERE Rose Garden Hotel, Yangon
Ticket:15,000 kyat registration fee, which includes lunch, tea & coffee and refreshments throughout the day.
Tickets can be bought via shop.com.mm
Event sponsorship is also available. For more information, please email email@example.com.
For more information, please download below: