Never a dull moment in Myanmar’s energy and infrastructure space. The change in Union Minister has certainly sparked a jolt of energy into a long list of stalled and uncertain projects. Four large LNG to Power projects received Government approval (“NTP”) on the eve of a reboot of Myanmar’s foreign currency and Government guarantee policy. Long stalled hydropower projects are told to get a move on, and the IFC delivered a brand new Model PPA to the Government. Going forward, there are key changes in the approval process and various project documents (please welcome the “Concession Agreement”, for example) while the MOEE gets down to business on tariff expectations with prospective sponsors. If that were not enough, a new PPP Law is about to see the light (in a very unexpected way) just as the massive Yangon Expressway project is gathering speed.
- Deal Roundup: Deals and Projects, Present and Upcoming
- New Developments affecting Myanmar Gas, Hydro and Solar PPAs: Comparison Table
- Brownfield Opportunities: Acquiring a Stake of an Existing Power or Fuel Project
- FSRU/Transmission lines, pipelines and FSRUs
- Real Estate and Infrastructure: Update on Construction Projects in Myanmar
Venue : Singapore Business Federation, Seminar Room 2, 160 Robinson Road, #06-01 SBF Center, 068914