ABOUT EUROCHAM MYANMAR
The European Chamber of Commerce in Myanmar – EuroCham Myanmar – was launched in December 2014 in Yangon through a grant contract between the European Union (EU) and a consortium composed of the French Myanmar Chamber and EUROCHAMBRES Brussels.
EuroCham serves as the voice of European business in Myanmar, contributes to a better business climate in the country and promotes trade and investment relations with the EU. The chamber has dedicated staff and premises and – for the duration of the EU grant – works under the legal authority of the French Myanmar Chamber.
POSITION OF BUSINESS AND DEVELOPMENT MANAGER (M/F)
The Business Development Manager will serve as primary key player for the Chamber’s economic development, being responsible of the organisational component of most of EuroCham services (Advocacy, business support, business center, EuroCham outreach at regional level).
More specifically, he/she should:
- Coordinate EuroCham outreach in close cooperation with EUROCHAMBRES, the affiliates and other SEBSAM Projects
- Coordinate all incoming business support related enquiries from EU companies based in EU countries or in ASEAN region asking for information or services, general inquiries, meeting requests.
- Advise EU SMEs on Myanmar market opportunities and follow-up (lists, trade missions).
- Support the advocacy efforts of the Government Affairs department by working closely with the Government Affairs Managers in Yangon and Naypyidaw.
- Collect, summarise and update general market information (main focus on business set-up and investment opportunities) and regulation relating to business in Myanmar, import-export custom tariff etc.
- In charge of updating EuroCham Myanmar publications such as factsheet, market research, sector report (identification of topics and updates).
- Provide all relevant information in a timely manner to the Marketing and Communications Manager according to EuroCham official templates and standards.
- Follow-up the actual financial performance of the department.
- Support the Executive Director in the financial management of the chamber.
- Manage the Business department officer (including performance reviews) and interns, using the protocol performance reporting.
- Maintain regular contact with the network of European Chambers of Commerce, businesses, official organisations in Myanmar, in the EU countries and worldwide.
- Visit local trade fairs and identify key players in the industry.
- Provide timely input for all EuroCham activity monitoring meetings (MT-meetings, Monthly strategy meetings, EU Delegation reporting, Board of Director Meetings, Project Monitoring Committee Meetings etc.).
- Provide timely reports on all meetings and follow EuroCham reporting protocols respecting transparency, eligibility of costs.
- Assist the Executive Director in the implementation of the European project (report, payment, coordination with different partners, etc.).
- Carefully review the forecast and budget and ensure that projections are both accurate and eligible.
- Excellent command of English and of another European language (written and spoken), good command of Burmese would be a plus.
- A minimum of 5 years of previous experience in Business or public relations, preferably at EU level; experience of working in an international organization is an asset.
- Excellent level of financial management skills (P&L, budget forecast).
- Good understanding of the decision making levels of the socio-economic context and the business culture of Myanmar.
- In depth knowledge of the EU institutions, business interests and international trade structures.
- Good understanding of internationalization of EU standards .
- Highly detail oriented and excellent report writing skills in English.
- Good understanding of protocol and chain of command communication practices
- Strong written and oral communications skills.
- Ability to present complex information in a clear and effective manner to different target audiences.
- Ability to meet assigned deadlines.
- Ability to work cooperatively with all levels of employees, management and external agencies.
- Availability to travel.
Moreover, the successful candidate will have the following personal skills:
- Excellent communication and representation skills.
- Friendly and open-minded attitude.
- Ability to work in a team and independently.
- Highly detail-oriented.
- Ability to handle multiple assignments and requests and prioritize accordingly.
- Ability to meet assigned deadlines.
The ideal candidate will also possess the following additional assets:
- Excellent project management skills: designing and implementing annual work plans.
- Assessment capacity of the various budget allocations, all in line with EU procedures.
- Strong analytical and problem solving capacity.
- Financial and quantitative analysis skills.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Previous professional experience in Myanmar and/or in other ASEAN countries.
- Familiarity with EU external policies and procedures.
- Familiarity with the European business sector in Myanmar.
- The Business Development Manager will work and report closely with the Executive Director.
- The Consortium offers a local contract with single status for one-year renewable during the duration of the programme.
- Full-time position in a professional and international work environment at the interface between the European business community and the Myanmar government.
- Working time is 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday.
- Position to be filled as soon as possible.
Applications (CV and motivation letter) should be addressed to Mr. Marc de la Fouchardière, Executive Director of EuroCham Myanmar, exclusively by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject email: “Application for Business Development Manager position”, no later than September 13th 2019 COB.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified and invited for interview.