EuroCham Myanmar serves as the voice of European business in Myanmar, contributing to a better business climate in the country and promoting trade and investment relations with the EU. EuroCham Myanmar is looking for young professionals that want to start a career in international business and want to leave our organisation with a top experience portfolio with a vast international network of CEO's, diplomats and other government officials.
One of the main activities of EuroCham Myanmar is Advocacy. EuroCham Myanmar supports its members in representing their business interests towards the Myanmar government. The input and direction come from EuroCham’s advocacy groups that consist of member companies. The overall goal is to jointly advocate for higher standards in trade and investment in Myanmar in different sectors. This entails working with members and the wider EU community in Myanmar in order to develop policy measures and support schemes for European businesses on the ground.
With a population of approximately 52 million, Myanmar keeps attracting growing interest from international investors operating in the automotive sector. In a country where car ownership is still in its infancy with seven vehicles per 1,000 residents, foreign stakeholders see a sizable untapped opportunity for business. In this context, advocacy should be understood as tool to facilitate the development of local demand for new vehicles and open the market to major investments.
Duties & Responsibilities
· Leverage EuroCham’s strong network with Myanmar’s Local and Central authorities in favor of the AG members;
· Further develop relationships with Governmental counterpart both at the Union and Local levels, especially those responsible for policy matters relevant to the Automotive AG’s priorities.
· Communicate effectively and continually with Automotive AG’s members regarding ongoing Government efforts, upcoming events, the status of priorities, and other information that affects the AG’s goals and interests.
· Achieve the goals set in the Automotive Position Paper (White Book 2020);
· Monitor Union and Local public policy developments and develop responses (public statement, press releases, interviews) deemed as necessary;
· Actively participate in and maximize the use of local associations, Chambers of Commerce, European diplomatic community, as well as outside consultants and advisors;
· Draft written materials for use with internal and external audiences to support Automotive AG’s agenda;
· Attend conferences, meetings, and special events as necessary to advance Automotive AG’s goals;
· Develop an overview of successful Automotive AG’s strategies, conducted by other EuroChambers in Asia;
· Other duties as assigned.
Duration -Permanent Advocacy Officer position to be considered after 3 months of probation
· Excellent command of English
· Very good knowledge of MS Office
· Undergraduate degree or previous professional and/or volunteering experience
Moreover, the successful candidate will have the following personal skills:
· Previous experience in the Advocacy is required (preferably in the Automotive sector);
· Knowledge of the automotive sector in Myanmar and its main stakeholders;
· High degree of intercultural sensitivity
· Solution-oriented thinking and hands-on mentality
· Ability to work in a team and independently
· Highly detail-oriented
· Ability to handle multiple assignments and requests and prioritize accordingly
· Ability to meet assigned deadlines
Applications (CV and motivation letter) should be addressed to Mr. Marc de la Fouchardière, Executive Director of EuroCham Myanmar, by e-mail to email@example.com, with email subject “EuroCham Myanmar Automotive AG Internship Application”.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified and invited for an interview. However, we will keep your application, should new opportunities arise.