The European Chamber of Commerce in Myanmar – EuroCham Myanmar – launched in December 2014, co-funded by the European Union. EuroCham serves as the voice of European business in Myanmar, contributes to a better business climate and promotes trade and investment relations with the EU.
Working at the crossroads of international trade, economic diplomacy and public-private sector cooperation, EuroCham’s main contacts are Myanmar officials, EU member state embassies, the EU delegation, the European Commission, European businesses, international organisations and European trade promotion organisations.
The chamber has a dedicated international team of professionals from across Europe and Myanmar, working from modern corporate offices right by the park.POSITION OF NATIONAL EVENT OFFICER (M/F)
The Event Officer will play a critical role in planning and organising various events of EuroCham Myanmar. Moreover, as part of the Marketing and Communications unit, he/she will support the promotion of the chamber.
More specifically, he/she should:
- Independently plan and execute recurring chamber events offline/online in close coordination with external service providers. This includes the agenda elaboration, the invitation management, briefing the panelists, collecting quotes from hotels and providers, elaborate a budget, elaborate sponsorship packages and make sure sponsors get the right visibility. On the event day, the event officer is in charge of the successful completion of the event.
- Support the Head of Marketing and Communications in the organisation of signature events.
- Support preparation of concepts for new events and campaigns.
- Contribute to design and layout of corporate publications and promotional presence at events.
- Assist EuroCham Myanmar team in communicating with local counterparts, including translation.
- Manage the publications distribution and inventory.
- Other tasks requested by the unit manager.
- 1 to 5 years of experience in event field.
- Excellent command of English and Myanmar language (written and spoken).
- Very good knowledge of MS Office package.
- Availability to travel within the country.
Moreover, the successful candidate will have the following personal skills:
- Solution-oriented thinking and hands-on mentality.
- Excellent communication and representation skills.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Ability to work in a team and independently.
- Highly detail oriented.
- Ability to handle multiple assignments and requests and prioritise accordingly.
- Ability to meet assigned deadlines.
- Friendly and open-minded attitude.
The ideal candidate will also possess the following additional assets:
- Advanced university degree or previous professional experience in event management.
- Experience in graphic design, video and photo editing.
- Fulltime position in a professional and international work environment at the interface between the European business community and the Myanmar government.
- The Event Officer will work closely with, and report to, the Head of Marketing and Communications Manager.
- Working time is 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday.
- After a probation period the consortium offers a contract for 1 year, with the option to renew, including social security/medical insurance.
- Position to be filled as soon as possible.