The European Chamber of Commerce in Myanmar – EuroCham Myanmar – was launched in December 2014, co-funded by the European Union. EuroCham serves as the voice of European business in Myanmar, contributes to a better business climate and promotes trade and investment relations with the EU.
Working at the crossroads of international trade, economic diplomacy and public-private sector cooperation, EuroCham’s main contacts are Myanmar officials, EU member state embassies, the EU delegation, the European Commission, European businesses, international organizations and European trade promotion organizations.
The chamber has a dedicated international team of professionals from across Europe and Myanmar, working at a modern corporate office right by the park.
EuroCham offers an interesting and challenging internship opportunity in the Automotive Advocacy Group for Myanmar students that are curious about the workings of EU business in frontier markets. You can expect a professional and international work environment at the interface between the European business community and the Myanmar government. Successful candidates will have acquired important skills by the end of the internship.
- Follow-up automotive news (Myanmar and ASEAN);
- Set up institutional meetings (doodles, invitation letters…);
- Research into existing Burmese legislation affecting the automotive sector;
- Attend high-level events and meetings;
- Develop an accurate research about the automotive business in Myanmar;
Note: tasks can vary largely according to the needs.
Students who can integrate the internship in their university studies are welcomed to apply. We strongly encourage women to apply. Minimum duration: 3/4 months.
- Excellent command of English and Myanmar language (written and spoken);
- Very good knowledge of MS Office package;
- Previous working experience is desirable, but not required;
- Ability to conduct academic research in English is a plus;
- Ability to work autonomously;
- Energetic and positive attitude;
- Solution-oriented thinking;
- Good phone call skills.
- You will work closely with the Automotive Advocacy Officer, and report to the Deputy Director.
- 35 hours per week, Monday to Friday;
- Position to be filled as soon as possible;
- Transport allowance (student only)
Applications (CV and motivation letter) should be addressed to Mr. Filip Lauwerysen, Executive Director of EuroCham Myanmar, exclusively by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified and invited for interview.