ABOUT EUROCHAM MYANMAR
The European Chamber of Commerce in Myanmar – EuroCham Myanmar – launched in December 2014, co-funded by the European Union. EuroCham serves as the voice of European business in Myanmar, contributes to a better business climate and promotes trade and investment relations with the EU.
Working at the crossroads of international trade, economic diplomacy and public-private sector cooperation, EuroCham’s main contacts are Myanmar officials, EU member state embassies, the EU delegation, the European Commission, European businesses, international organisations and European trade promotion organisations.
The chamber has a dedicated international team of professionals from across Europe and Myanmar, working from modern corporate offices right by People’s park.
POSITION OF NATIONAL COMMUNICATION OFFICER (M/F)
The Communication Officer will play a critical role in EuroCham’s communication. As part of the Marketing and Communications unit he/she will support the promotion of the chamber.
More specifically, he/she should:
- Support the Marketing and Communications Manager with all EuroCham Myanmar communications and PR (social media, newsletter, website, publications), including relations with local service providers (designers, printers…)
- Support preparation of concepts for new events and campaigns
- Contribute to design and layout of corporate publications and promotional materials at events
- Manage the inventory of publications and promotional materials
- Assist the EuroCham team in communicating with local counterparts, including translation
- Be the interface with the media for invitation to events, partnership and press releases.
- Manage the printing of promotional materials.
- Other tasks requested by the unit manager.
- Excellent command of English and Myanmar language (written and spoken)
- Previous professional experience in communication, journalism, marketing or related fields
- Very good knowledge of MS Office package (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook)
- Experience in graphic design and photo editing (PhotoShop, InDesign, Illustrator etc...)
- Availability to travel.
Moreover, the successful candidate will have the following personal skills:
- Excellent communication and representation skills
- Highly detail oriented
- Ability to work in a team and independently
- Ability to handle multiple assignments and requests and prioritise accordingly
- Ability to meet assigned deadlines
- Friendly and open-minded attitude.
The ideal candidate will also possess the following additional assets:
- Advanced university degree in Journalism, Marketing and related fields
- Writing training.
- Full time position in a professional and international work environment at the interface between the European business community and the Myanmar government
- The Communication Officer will work closely with, and report to, the Marketing and Communications Manager
- Working time is 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday
- After a probation period, the consortium offers a contract for 1 year, with the option to renew. The contract includes social security/medical insurance.
- Position to be filled as soon as possible
- Monthly gross salary range: 450.000 MMK , according to experience and competencies.
Applications (CV and motivation letter) should be addressed to Mr. Filip Lauwerysen, Executive Director of EuroCham Myanmar, by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or deposited in person at EuroCham Myanmar, 271-273 Bagayar Street, Sanchaung Township, Yangon, no later than 14thDecember 2018 COB.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified and invited for interview.