ABOUT EUROCHAM MYANMAR
The European Chamber of Commerce in Myanmar – EuroCham Myanmar – launched in December 2014, co-funded by the European Union. EuroCham serves as the voice of European business in Myanmar, contributes to a better business climate and promotes trade and investment relations with the EU.
Working at the crossroads of international trade, economic diplomacy and public-private sector cooperation, EuroCham’s main contacts are Myanmar officials, EU member state embassies, the EU delegation, the European Commission, European businesses, international organisations and European trade promotion organisations.
The chamber has a dedicated international team of professionals from across Europe and Myanmar, working from modern corporate office at Time Cit Office Tower.
The Communication Officer will play a critical role in building all online and offline communication materials of EuroCham Myanmar. Moreover, as part of the Marketing and Communications unit he/she will support the promotion of the chamber.
· Previous professional experience in communication, or related fields.
· Excellent command of English and Myanmar language (written and spoken).
· Very good knowledge of MS Office package (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook).
· Good knowledge of Canvas and Mailchimp.
· Proficiency in graphic design and photo editing is essential (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator etc...).
· Contribute to design and layout corporate publications and promotional materials (Roll-ups, event banners, business cards...)
· Manage the inventory of publications and promotional materials.
· Liaise with local service providers (designers, printers, translators…) for quotes and project management.
· Do daily press monitoring and keep records of press and media publications.
· In charge of the relation with the media: Invitation for an event, send out a press release and organise interviews.
· Setting up Microsoft on computers and configure outlook on staff laptops.
· Updating the website content using the back-office dashboard and liaising with an external web agency for troubleshooting.
· Other tasks requested by the unit manager.
· Availability to travel within the country.
Moreover, the successful candidate will have the following personal skills:
· 1 to 5 years of experience in communication.
· Excellent communication and representation skills.
· Highly detail-oriented.
· Ability to work in a team and independently.
· Ability to handle multiple assignments and requests and prioritise accordingly.
· Ability to meet assigned deadlines.
· Friendly and open-minded attitude.
The ideal candidate will also possess the following additional assets:
· Advanced university degree in Technology, Marketing and related fields.
· Writing training.
· Full time position in a professional and international work environment at the interface between the European business community and the Myanmar government.
· The Communication Officer will work closely with, and report to, the Head of Marketing & Communication.
· Working time is 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday.
· After a probation period of 3 months, the consortium offers a contract for 1 year, with the option to renew. The contract includes social security/medical insurance.
· Position to be filled as soon as possible.
Applications (CV and motivation letter) should be addressed to Mr. Marc de la Fouchardiere, Executive Director of EuroCham Myanmar, by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 17th July 2020 COB.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified and invited for an interview.