The European Chamber of Commerce in Myanmar – EuroCham Myanmar – was launched in December 2014, co-funded by the European Union. EuroCham serves as the voice of European business in Myanmar, contributes to a better business climate and promotes trade and investment relations with the EU.
Working at the crossroads of international trade, economic diplomacy and public-private sector cooperation, EuroCham’s main contacts are Myanmar officials, EU member state embassies, the EU delegation, the European Commission, European businesses, international organisations and European trade promotion organisations. The chamber has a dedicated international team of professionals from across Europe and Myanmar, working at a modern corporate office right by the park.
EuroCham offers an interesting and challenging internship opportunity in the Government Affairs department for Myanmar graduates that are curious about the workings of EU business in frontier markets. You can expect a professional and international work environment at the interface between the European business community and the Myanmar government.
- Excellent command of English
- Very good knowledge of MS Office
- Undergraduate degree or previous professional and/or volunteering experience
The ideal candidate will also possess the following additional assets:
- Experience in project management
- Strong analytical and problem-solving capacity
Moreover, the successful candidate will have the following personal skills:
- High degree of intercultural sensitivity
- Solution-oriented thinking and hands-on mentality
- Ability to work in a team and independently
- Highly detail oriented
- Ability to handle multiple assignments and requests and prioritize accordingly
- Ability to meet assigned deadlines
- You will work with and report to the Government Affairs Manager
- 35 hours per week, Monday to Friday
- Position to be filled as soon as possible
Applications (CV and motivation letter) should be addressed to Mr. Marc de la Fouchardière, Executive Director of EuroCham Myanmar, exclusively by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org by 25th May 2020 COB. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified and invited for interview.