Business Confidence Survey results 2019 & Business Guides 2020 Launch
On the occasion of the official launch of EuroCham Myanmar’s Business Confidence Survey 4th edition and the updated Business Guides, the European Chamber of Commerce in Myanmar invited EU member state representatives, the EU delegation, EU companies and chambers, trade promotion partners, as well as U Thant Sin Lwin, Director General of DICA, and many more to Novotel Yangon Max, on Tuesday, 10 December 2019.
EuroCham Myanmar’s Business Confidence 2019 aims to capture the current business sentiments of European companies operating in Myanmar. The results might be helpful for short-term forecasting, economic surveillance and economic research. The companies’ sentiments might detect turning points in the economic cycle before these are captured by tangible performance indicators. This survey, therefore, provides keys insight on top of official statistics.
The data generated through this fourth survey is particularly useful for monitoring the day-to-day impact of economic and regulatory developments which can change frequently in the fast-moving markets of Myanmar.
BUSINESS CONFIDENCE SURVEY OBJECTIVES
- Make a snapshot of the business sentiment of European businesses in Myanmar;
- Establishing an understanding of the issues and concerns faced by European businesses in Myanmar;
- Monitor the expectations of budget plans for the years 2018-19, and what has been the impact of legislative framework;
- Assess the projections for future investments for the years 2019-20, including investments, business strategies, expansions and manpower, and compare them to previous years.
During the survey launch, a keynote speech was given by U Thant Sin Lwin, Director General, Directorate of Investment and Company Administration, Ministry of Investment and Foreign Economic Relations, followed by Dr Johann Hesse, Head of Cooperation of the Delegation of the European Union to Myanmar.
Marc de la Fouchardiere, Executive Director EuroCham Myanmar, presented the key findings from the Business Confidence Survey 2019, assessing Myanmar’s business climate as perceived by European companies.
The presentation was followed by a first panel discussion with bilateral chambers on the business climate and the sectors of opportunities in Myanmar. The panelists were:
• Martin Klose, Delegate of German Industry and Commerce in Myanmar and Executive Director of the German Myanmar Business Chamber,
• Paolo Arnello, Executive Director Camera di Commercio Italia Myanmar (Italian Chamber in Myanmar),
• Peter Crowhurst, Chief Executive Officer, British Chamber of Commerce in Myanmar,
• Geraldine Mabille, Head of Yangon office, Business France Myanmar.
The second panel discussion with EuroCham Myanmar Advocacy Co-chairs to get an update on the advocacy stats and progress. The moderation was done by Ms Naithy Cyriac from YCP Solidiance, accompanied by the following panellists :
• Robbert Groenen (Agro-business),
• Khine Wai Thwe (Anti-illicit),
• Thorstein Svendsen (Logistics),
• Erwin Sikma (Digital innovation),
• Dr Thurein Htun (Health)
• Alex Bohusch (Legal)
Please click here to see the full program
>>> All the publications are available online and hard-copies can also be ordered on demand at cost price by sending an email to email@example.com
To get entry-level information about your sector, please click on the related guide to download the online version: Business Confidence Survey 2019, Business Guide 2020, Agriculture Guide 2020, Consumer Goods Guide 2020, Energy Guide 2020, Healthcare Guide 2020, Manufacturing Guide 2020 and Garment Guide 2020.