The EuroCham Myanmar Garment Advocacy Group was created in March 2018 and it aims to represent the interests of the European garment and textile business community in Myanmar. It serves as a platform for information-sharing and discussion, as well as for expressing concerns related to the development of the textile sector in the country, infrastructure, and the relevant legal framework that affects the textile business environment. The garment sector being a significant job-creator in Myanmar, its important it act under a unified and cohesive voice to exert influence and help both the advancement of the industry and the overall economy.
To join the group, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Work in consultation with the government, employer associations and trade unions to promote clear and fair labour laws in order to ensure its compliance with international standards and further stability in the labour market
- Be mindful of environmental and social impacts of business operations. Ensure that the needs of local communities and the health of ecosystems are taken into consideration
- Show commitment to working with different stakeholder in Myanmar to ensure implementation of global best practices so that the garment sector can be helpful towards Myanmar’s economic, social and democratic development
- Push for progress and investment on a reliable transportation network that would facilitate trade and market confidence
- Promote human capital skill enhancement within the industry to make the Myanmar garment industry more competitive and efficient
- Develop position papers and contribute to the EuroCham White Book