The EuroCham Myanmar Wine&Spirits Advocacy Group was created in September 2017and aims to provide support the Myanmar government in its efforts to promote the development of a responsible and sustainable wine and spirits industry. This in turn benefits the economy and people of Myanmar.
To join the group, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Advocate the Myanmar authorities on the sector’s needs and common issues
- Promote the rule of law by supporting the development of a legalised environment for the import, distribution, retail and consumption of foreign spirits
- Provide recommendations to authorities in taking active steps to address illicit trade
- Curb substantial health risks to tourists and consumers by enabling access to legitimate and safe products
- Promote transparency, compliance and rule of law in the Wine&Spirits sector in Myanmar
- Develop position papers and contribute to the EuroCham White Book
- To commit to promoting a safe drinking environment and prevent harmful use of alcohol, working in partnership with the Myanmar authorities